Friday, June 10, 2011

Harry Potter and the Xbox Live Rewards

So I've seem to be following a pattern of posting every other day rather than every day. You must really dedicate yourself to blogging and not have a life to do it every day. Who has the time? Anyways, the following are about June 9th and today of what I did or what I remember doing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUNE 9Th

Was a whole marathon reading day of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (should I put the title in bold or italics? Guess bold will do) which I found free online I might add, one of my previous posts shows the website to find it. I am enjoying it both the storyline and as an easy read... And it IS an easy read, despite the length. People shouldn't be afraid to pick it up.

Anyways, as I was reading I kept thinking to myself... *with a cockney accent* "That's not so hard, we can do that."



... Or rather "I can do that." I felt like I could write something to the grandeur as Harry Potter. Somehow I had it built up in my head since I last read Goblet of Fire (which was the last book for me, I skipped to Hallows and watched the movies of the rest) many moons ago when I was a wee lad or more wee than I am now that J.K.Rowling had wrote this epic legendary story like Shakespeare wrote Twelfth Night. Which it wasn't and isn't, it's simply a good read. Still writing anything does take a bit a skill and though I may not reach the complexity of Bill (Shakespeare, he told me to call him by his first name), I can at least achieve context and plot structure similar to Harry Potter.

I am not criticizing the author in any way, if anything I have even more respect for her. What is needed, is a good story and to get down and dirty in the writing process. So far I have written screenplays that go unread in the warmth of my computer's hard drive. I do have a concept and characters that I think have not been done, in which to make a book. Only problem is, I do not have a story for them. I only have the bare essentials. So I shall meditate on it, til i can find a situation in which I can flung my characters in to test their humanity.

I can not divulge anything more (saving it from being swiped from the internet, even though you Tres are my only follower atm) but I do have names of locations, things, ,and people. I also have an idea of my main characters' histories, personalities, and ambitions. Its good that I have those things concrete at least.

Uh... and onto the next day...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUNE 10TH

Much like any other day, only with FREE MICROSOFT POINTS!!! OH YEAH!!! =)

Yes, after being pushed back to the furthest regions of my mind... which look something like this...



Back when Xbox Live introduce their Rewards program to me in an e-mail. I signed up and joined. For those that don't know, the program rewards you points for all that you do on Live including: renewing Live membership, purchasing things on the Marketplace, and doing an online quiz every month. All get you delicious delicious points which then get converted into delicious delicious Microsoft Points (which are used to purchase and download anything on your 360: movies, game add-ons, music, avatar items, so on and so on). The kicker is that they do not convert them into Microsoft points until they have enough to give to you. So... I signed up maybe around the beginning of the year (possibly earlier than that) and now they finally gave me 520 Microsoft Points! WOOT WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment