Blog Archive
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Solo
Got some positive things happening. For one thing I have two jobs now, and start SDSU at the end of August. Felt like posting to celebrate (also felt like drinking a Mickey's to celebrate). After watching some Family Guy and South Park, I suddenly wish that I could draw well... Or at least well enough to be a cartoonist. I can't seem to recall, but I know either: Genndy Tartakovsky (Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack) , Craig McCracken (Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) , or Van Partible (Johnny Bravo, Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom) teach animation at UCLA. I didn't know that Genndy is directing the movie Hotel Transylvania nor did I know that Van Partible was Filipino. Unfortunately, I have no artistic talent when it comes to doodling (hee hee, doodle). Maybe I can do some sort of American Splendor type thing and be a writer for a cartoon or comic like Harvey Pekar. You don't see too many animated and non-cg movies. Disney still does some, but they lucked out with Hiyo Miyozaki. Castle in the Sky has to be my favorite movie of his. I might be bias though, because it had to be one of the first ones I saw. Suddenly, I feel like a trumpet solo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We want to see Castle in the Sky! A and B love Totoro, Ponyo and Kiki's delivery service. But we saw the preview to CIS, and it looks so good.
ReplyDelete